Raita - Indian Condiment
by Cindy Eliza Vaz (www.fashion-tips-and-trends-for-all.com)
(Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)
My ultimate favourite dish recipe from my garden would be Raita - an Indian condiment made with a mixture of yoghurt and vegetables.
There are many types of Raita but my favourite is the Tomato Onion Raita. Why? It is healthy - and Yummy when eaten with rice.
As an Asian, I love rice. I can survive everyday on rice ;) Being an avid cook also, and born in a multi cultural family in Malaysia, I love scouring for multiple recipes for easy cooking.
Here is my quick recipe for a side dish - Raita.
- Chopped Onions (1)
- Chopped Tomatoes (1)
- Coriander leaves (a handful)
- Green chili (1)
1. Mix the onions, tomatoes, coriander leave and green chili in a bowl.
2. Add yoghurt (from experience you would need about 7 spoon full)
3. Mix well and add a little bit of salt.
4. Keep it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
5. Serve cold with hot steaming rice, chapati, thosai and the likes.
Best of luck and enjoy the yummy Raita! :D Return to Best Recipes
Learn about growing tomato plants
Go to the homepageHave you tried this dish? Love it? Hate it?