A List of Annual Flowers
For Your Edible Garden
Here's a handy list of annual flowers for when you're looking for a
flowering plant to fill in your edible landscape. Click on the links to
find out more.
Note that some of these flowers are not edible; they're just flowers on annual plants that have other edible parts. Make sure you know what you're eating!
Ready? Here we go:
- Arugula (Eruca vesicaria) -- clusters of white edible flowers
- Borago officinalis L. (borage)
- Broccoli (some varieties are perennial)
- Chervil (Anthriscus cerefolium)
- Coriander (Coriandrum sativum)
- Cornflower (Centaurea cynaus)
- Cauliflower (the part you eat is the flower)
- Dill (Dill weed, Anethum graveolens)
- Garland chrysanthemum (Chrysanthemum coronarium) -- petals, greens
- German chamomile (Matricaria recutita)
- Honeysuckle (nectar edible)
- Mustard (Brassica species)
- Okra (Abelmoschus esculentus)
- Poppy (Papaver somniferum) -- only poppy seed is edible; the rest of the plant is toxic
- Purslane (Portulaca oleracea) -- small yellow flowers
- Radish Flowers (Raphanus sativus)
- Safflower (Carthamus tinctorius)
- Scarlet Runner Beans (Phaseolus vulgaris)
- Squash (all kinds are annual, from acorn squash to zucchini)
- Summer savory (Satureja hortensis)
check back from time to time, as I update this list of annual flowers, or subscribe to my blog feed (click the orange RSS
button to the left) to be notified of major updates.
like to talk more about annual flowers with a group of people who love
edible landscaping as much as you do? Join the Tasteful Landscape
Want to be notified of updates? Click here to learn more
What would you like to read about next? Here are some related pages:
Annual Plants - THE Edible Flowers List - Flower Garden Ideas
Or search this site:
Please note that the search results page from Google may have ads ABOVE the actual search results that are not from this site.
If this site has helped you and you wish to help with costs, click here.
Top of page